Covid-19 Update: December 2020
Kent Wax Removal Covid Update
As many of you may now be aware, Kent remains in Tier 3 lockdown.
During this lockdown Kent Wax Removal is still open for appointment, however there may be some reduced hours.
If you book an appointment through the online system please be aware you may receive a call from one of our clinicians explaining that it might need to be rescheduled.
We are aware of how urgent the need for wax removal can be. Please bare with us as we do our best to see everyone as quickly as possible.
Safety is our number one priority at Kent wax removal. This is within our procedures and practice and also by ensuring any risk of cross infection is as low as possible. We are following all guidelines set by the government and our governing bodies to to make sure we are still able to practice during this pandemic.
Here are some examples of how we are managing to keep all clients safe:
- Full PPE is worn at all times by our clinicians. This includes aprons, masks and gloves. These are all changed in between each client. We are asking that clients wear masks too. Should you wish to wear gloves we will provide a pair of disposable ones. We ask that you do not wear your own gloves throughout the appointment.
- Track and trace is encouraged. At West Faversham community centre there is access to a QR code should you want to sue the mobile phone app. We also keep a paper record as does the community centre.
- All equipment, seating and surfaces are throughly cleaned at the beginning of the day, in between clients and at the end of the day.
- Couch roll is used on the main couch or chair and this is changed in between each client.
- Extra time has been allowed for appointments to ensure there is no cross over of clients and to allow for thorough cleaning.
- A medical history form will be sent via email. This should come the day before as part of the appointment reminder email. Please complete this online prior to appointment. This will mean there is reduced face to face contact.
- All clinicians and their family members are following all government guidelines regarding feeling unwell and isolating if necessary.
- If anyone books an appointment then becomes unwell or tests positive with covid, please ensure to follow government guidelines regarding isolating. It is also important to inform the clinician as soon as possible that you will be cancelling your appointment.
- Both clinics are not currently open to the general public.
- We are still mainly only accepting cash, however if people are unable to access cash then we are happy to take a bank transfer.
- It is essential that you use ear drops for a minimum of three days prior to any appointment (unless there are extenuating circumstances, which can be discussed). This is to ensure the wax is soft enough and easier to remove. The easier the wax is to remove, the less face to face contact there will be during the appointment.
- If the wax is very difficult to remove the clinician will advise you to use ear drops to soften the wax for a set amount of days. You will then be brought back for another appointment. This is to reduce the face to face time during each appointment.
It is important to remain vigilant during these unpredictable times. If anyone has any further questions or queries then please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Hopefully this will all be over imminently and everything can return to normality. In the meantime we are happy to still be seeing as many people as possible, given them a new sense of clarity.